WFXT Walt Disney World ® Cruise Line Vacation Giveaway
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the WFXT Walt Disney World Cruise Line Vacation Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of Massachusetts and New Hampshire, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of WFXT (Boston), LLC (“Sponsor”), CMG Media Corporation, Disney Destinations, LLC, and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live. Persons belonging to or affiliated with a professional acting, theater, or film-making organization, such as SAG or AFTRA, are not allowed to compete in the Sweepstakes or participate in any entry. Professional actors and filmmakers, whether full-time or part-time, are allowed to compete so long as they do not belong to any professional organizations connected with the entertainment industry that would cause Sponsor to pay the entrant or any other person a fee or any other benefit for taking part in any Sweepstakes event.
Only one (1) prize winner may be selected from the same household every thirty (30) days in connection with any sweepstakes or contest sponsored or administered by WFXT. If you or a member of your household has won a prize from WFXT within the last thirty (30) days, you will be ineligible to receive a prize in this Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on July 1, 2022 and end at 11:59 p.m. EST on August 12, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes. To enter, visit:
(1) the WFXT website, www.boston25news.com (the “Website”); or
(2) the WFXT Live Broadcast (“Zip Trip”) on Fridays during the Sweepstakes Period.
To enter the Sweepstakes via the Website, visit the Website, navigate to the “contests” page and locate the “WFXT Walt Disney World Cruise Line Vacation Giveaway” official registration page, and complete all of the required information and follow all posted instructions.
To enter the Sweepstakes via the Zip Trip, visit the locations listed below on the listed dates between 6:00 a.m. ET and 10:00 a.m. ET. Complete the official registration form with all required information and follow all posted instructions.
· July 1, 2022
o Neponset Park, 76 Hill Top Street, Boston, MA 02124
· July 8, 2022
o Bass River Beach,
· July 15, 2022
o Common, 1 Church Street, Wakefield, MA 01880
· July 22, 2022
o Pakachoag Golf Course, 15 Upland Street, Auburn, MA 01501
· July 29, 2022
o Grays Beach Park, Grays Beach Road, Kinngston, MA 02364
· August 5, 2022
o Randolph High School, 70 Memorial Parkway, Randolph, MA 02368
· August 12, 2022
o Town Hall, 78 Main Street, Hudson, MA 01749
Maximum one (1) entry per person and per email address during the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of entry.
In connection with any visit to the event venue, please be advised that event venue’s policies, CDC (Center for Disease Control) guidelines, and the recommendations of health officials must be followed. in addition, should be aware of and comply with government guidelines regarding travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines before visiting any destination. Please note that any public location where people are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19, and Sponsor cannot guarantee that any person will not be exposed during a visit.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled or illegible entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Sweepstakes application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Sweepstakes eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspects of the Sweepstakes.
Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
4. Winner Selection and Odds. On or about August 15, 2022, Sponsor will select one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner from among all eligible entries, regardless of method of entry, received during the Sweepstakes Period in a random drawing.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received each day.
5. Prize Description. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the Grand Prize Winner will receive:
· Disney vacation package(s) for winner and three (3) guests for the following:
o Four (4) night Bahamian Disney Cruise Line® Cruise for four (4) persons, including:
§ Four (4) round trip coach airfares between the major gateway airport closest to traveler’s residence (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) and the Orlando International Airport.
§ One (1) round trip non-exclusive ground transportation between the Orlando International Airport and Port Canaveral, Florida.
§ Room accommodations consisting of one (1) room (quadruple occupancy, room and tax only), location and category of room to be determined in the sole discretion of Disney;
§ All meals on board the Disney Wish cruise (excluding Palo Steakhouse and Fine Dining–Enchante by Chef Arnaud Lallement);
§ Pre-paid gratuities, taxes, fees, and port expenses (as defined on the Disney Cruise Line Website);
o One (1) night at the Walt Disney World® Resort immediately prior to the cruise departure, including:
§ One (1) round trip non-exclusive ground transportation between the Orlando International Airport and the Walt Disney World® Resort.
§ Room accommodations consisting of one (1) standard room(s) (quadruple occupancy) for three (3) night(s) at a hotel at the Walt Disney World® Resort.
Total ARV of all prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes: $9,028.56
Limit: One (1) prize per person and per household.
Items not included as part of the vacation package which are the sole responsibility of the winners include: shore excursions; travel insurance; laundry service; spa treatments; alcoholic beverages; It’s a Small World Nursery charges; local and long-distance telephone calls; ship-to-shore communications including internet; merchandise and souvenirs; incidental expenses; additional tips and gratuities; income and other taxes; transportation between winner’s home and airport; and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein.
Vacation(s) must be taken between September 2, 2022, to October 27, 2023. Travel must be reserved through Sponsor’s agent, and Sponsor shall determine airline, flight itinerary, seating, hotel, and ground transportation itinerary in its sole discretion, as applicable. Vacation must be booked at least forty-five (45) days prior to the intended travel dates within the date range as provided by Disney. Block out dates apply (subject to change in Disney’s sole discretion), visit www.disneycruise.com for more information. If a potential winner is unavailable to travel during designated timeframe for any reason, the Prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and an alternate winner may be selected (time permitting) from among all remaining eligible entries in a random drawing. Vacation is for the winner and up to three (3) guests of the winner’s choosing, winner and guests must travel on same itinerary. Once selected by Grand Prize Winner, guests cannot be changed without the express written consent of Disney, which may be withheld for any reason. Minors under the age of 18 not traveling with a parent or legal guardian must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 21 in the same stateroom. The parent or guardian of any minor not traveling with a parent or guardian must appoint an adult to have custody and control over their minor and to contract on their behalf in connection with the Disney Cruise Line vacation. An appointment form will be included in the document package and must be signed by parent or legal guardian prior to embarkation at the Disney Cruise Line terminal. Vacation fulfillment is subject to availability and restrictions at Disney Cruise Line. Travel may not occur during cruise ship block-out periods. Vacations may not be sold, traded, transferred, refunded, commissioned, or redeemed for cash value. Vacation elements may not be substituted and vacations are non-commissionable. By accepting and receiving the Prize, winners and their guests will also abide by their Disney Cruise Line cruise contracts which can be found at https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/contracts-terms-safety/cruise-contract/united-states/.
Furthermore, Winners and their guests are solely responsible for providing proper citizenship documentation to travel which may include passports, valid alien registration card and/or necessary visas. Those without proper citizenship documentation will be denied boarding. It is the Guests’ responsibility to check with their travel agent, government agencies, embassies or consulates prior to their vacation to ensure that they have proper citizenship documentation. U.S. Citizens can also visit the State Department’s travel website at www.travel.state.gov, or call the U.S. National Passport Information Center at (877) 4USA-PPT for more information. Guests of all ages are strongly encouraged to obtain passports.
In order to travel onboard Disney Cruise Line, all guests must be fully vaccinated and required to submit proof of vaccination. Additionally, all guests will be tested prior to embarking the ship. For up to date Know Before You Go information please visit: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experienceupdates/.
Winners and their guests are also responsible for understanding and complying with any COVID-19 travel restrictions set by their origination or destination cities, states, or countries, including but not limited to, requirements relating to registering for travel authorizations, obtaining and displaying current COVID-19 test results, obtaining and presenting vaccine passports, COVID-19 vaccination cards, etc. The Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guests will be required to execute a liability/publicity/COVID-19 release and waiver form prior to booking of any travel. Failure to return the executed release form within the specified time period will result in forfeiture of the Vacation Package. There may be specific instructions and requirements for all visitors to the Bahamas, which may include mandated quarantine or pre-travel testing. The Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guests are solely responsible at their own cost for staying updated on and complying with any of the latest advisories, restrictions and travel alerts that may be in place for travel to the Bahamas leading up to the planned stay. Travel requirements are subject to change.
Each person is responsible for providing proper citizenship documentation to travel which may include passports, valid alien registration card and/or necessary visas. Those without proper citizenship documentation will be denied boarding.
Grand Prize Winner acknowledges that he/she is solely responsible for any actions, claims or liabilities of the Group, related to any use or misuse of the prize or any prize-related activity or travel. Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges (e.g., room service, use of telephone/IT services, laundry and all other optional extra services not provided in the Prize). Certain restrictions, as determined by Sponsor or Disney, may apply. Sponsor will attempt to accommodate each winner’s preferred itinerary, but all specifics thereof will be at Sponsor’s discretion. If a winner and guest(s) cannot comply with these restrictions or any other portion of these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner will be chosen from among all eligible entries (time permitting). The Disney Cruise Line accommodations and tickets will be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If any portion of the Prize is not available for any reason, then the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute that portion of the Prize with another prize of comparable or greater value.
All taxes (including, without limitation, U.S. federal, provincial, state and local taxes (including, but not limited to income and withholding taxes), sales taxes, VAT, GST, PST, HST) and, where legal, import Customs and excise duties and fees, as applicable on or connected with any Prize, the shipment of any Prize element, as applicable, and the reporting consequences thereof, and any other expenses not specifically included in the Prize description are the sole responsibility of the winners. The winners will receive an IRS Form 1099-MISC reflecting the total fair market value of his/her Prize. Winners may be required to provide to Sponsor an amount to cover the balance of all applicable withholding taxes at the normal rates required by law (notwithstanding any tax treaties that may provide for lower rates of tax withholding, including exemption from withholding with the satisfaction of qualification requirements) prior to being awarded the Prize, and failure to do so will result in disqualification.
Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitutions allowed, except as set forth in these Official Rules and at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a Prize of comparable or equal value will be provided. Prize elements may not be separated, and tickets, vouchers, and gift cards will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and Sponsor disclaims any and all liability in conjunction therewith. Tickets are subject to terms and conditions thereon. All Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes promotional materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail and govern. If the winner elects to travel or partake in the Prize without a guest, no additional compensation will be awarded to the winner. Trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor. The actual value of the trip may vary depending on point of departure and fluctuations in the cost of air transportation. Any difference between the estimated ARV and the actual value of the Prize will not be awarded. Travel dates are subject to availability; blackout dates and other restrictions may apply. Winner and guests are responsible for having valid travel documents including government identification and/or passports. Guest of winner must sign and return a travel liability release before travel will be booked. Winner and guests hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance for any part of the trip. Any damage to the room will be the responsibility of the winner. Sponsor bears no responsibility if any event, element or detail of a Prize is canceled, postponed or becomes unavailable for any reason. Should any event, element or detail of the Prize become unavailable, the Sponsor shall have no obligation to the winner aside from providing the remaining portion of the prize, minus any unavailable event, element or detail. Certain Disney Cruise Line offerings and events are not guaranteed and are subject to availability, closures, change or cancellation by Sponsor without notice or liability. In the event any winner and/or his/her/their guest(s) engage in behavior that, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or is contrary to Sponsor’s (or its affiliates’) property rules or policies in effect at the time for the Walt Disney World® Resort or Disney Cruise Line, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Vacation early, in whole or in part, and send the winner and/or his/her/their guest(s) home early with no further compensation. Winners acknowledge and agree to be solely responsible for any actions, claims or liabilities of themselves and their guests.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The Grand Prize winner will be notified via email at the email address provided on such potential winner’s entry form on or about the day after the prize drawing. In order to claim a prize, potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification within three (3) days of notice or attempted notice. Unless otherwise directed by Sponsor, to claim his/her prize, the potential winner must provide a mailing address.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor will conduct up to five (5) alternate drawings, after which the prize will remain unawarded.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor and Sponsor reserve the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor and Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Publicity. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and Sponsor and their licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
8. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
9. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, CMG MEDIA CORPORATION, DISNEY DESTINATIONS, LLC, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
10. Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Sweepstakes, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND THE prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that SPONSOR makeS no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and SPONSOR hereby DISCLAIMS all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT’S participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor and Sponsor reserve the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
11. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. Sponsor. WFXT “Walt Disney World Cruise Line Vacation Giveaway” is sponsored by WFXT (Boston), LLC. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after August 22, 2022) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), WFXT Walt Disney World Cruise Line Vacation Giveaway, 25 Fox Drive, Dedham, MA 02026. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Brittany Everett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates as more information becomes available.
Download the FREE Boston 25 News app for breaking news alerts.
©2022 Cox Media Group