Independent & Image Art Space (Chongqing, China) presents an online exhibition open call with the theme of “FLUID TIME”.
ABOUT EXHIBITION THEME
Armen Avanessian, an Austrian philosopher, says that “The basic thesis of the post-contemporary is that time is changing. We are not just living in a new time or accelerated time, but time itself—the direction of time—has changed. We no longer have a linear time, in the sense of the past being followed by the present and then the future. It’s rather the other way around: the future happens before the present, time arrives from the future.”
In this new era, time is fluid, and there is no obvious progression from a before, to a during and an after in historical terms. The fluidity of time indicates the blurring of boundaries, escaping categorizations, and not being concretely defined. In such a time how does an artist imagine the future? How to view histories? How to create unexpected narratives and connections to tell untold stories? How to even use time as an artistic medium to interpret the life we experience?
August 8 – September 5, 2022
July 31, 2022 at 11.59 p.m. GMT+8
August 5, 2022
There is no limit on the art medium, size, year of production, artist age, or nationality, but the submitted works should respond to the exhibition theme “FLUID TIME”.
SELECTED ARTISTS WILL WIN
- artworks show at an online virtual exhibition;
- Chinese-English bilingual online feature at our website;
- Chinese-English bilingual digital catalog to be published on ISSUU and widely promoted;
- showcase the selected works on the internationally influential art platform: ARTLAND;
- Chinese-English bilingual artist promotion on popular Chinese social media: WeChat Public Account, Art Express App, ZAIYI App and Xiaohongshu, on the platform: MEDIUM, and on international social media Instagram, Twitter, Facebook;
- priority to our further events, including offline exhibitions in our Chongqing space, art projects, art fairs in China and internationally and other art events.
ARTISTS WHO SUBMITTED WORKS
- All artists will be considered for any further events, including offline exhibitions in our Chongqing space, art projects, art fairs in China and internationally and other art events;
- Submitted works will be promoted to our social media if we think suitable.
- Artist retains the sole copyright for the images;
- Submitted images can be available for public viewing on our website and social media, including in relation to promotional activities for the exhibition;
- All display images will be credited with artists’ name.
- $50 up to 6 works;
- Submission fees are non-refundable.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Please fill in and submit the form below. You should upload 3- 6 work images, JEPG, each image no larger than 5MB. Please label your work image as “Familyname_worktitle”. For video work, please provide us with the video link and an image.
- Pay the submission fees with PayPal, clicking the following payment button.
For any questions when submitting, please email us: email@example.com
For more information, visit Independent & Image Art Space