This tutorial is about How to Use VPN on Apple TV. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog, How to Use VPN on Apple TV. If your answer is yes, please do share after reading this.
Table of contents
Check How to Use VPN on Apple TV
Apple TV is the smarter, shinier, and more expensive rival to your other run-of-the-mill streaming devices, and an Apple TV VPN is the perfect companion for accessing more content anywhere in the world. From Netflix, Disney+, and Amazon Prime to region-specific services like BBC iPlayer, ESPN, Kayo, and more, almost every streamer restricts users’ access based on their location. The best VPN can put you virtually anywhere in the world and give you absolutely everything you pay for.
However, Apple TVs do not natively support VPNs. So to get started, you need to follow some solutions. Creating it yourself can be tricky, but here we’ve outlined each step you need to take to have complete streaming freedom.
How to use a VPN on Apple TV
Now that you understand why using a VPN on an Apple TV can be beneficial, it’s time to explain how to set it up. The process is generally the same across VPN providers, but we’ll use ExpressVPN as an example here as it’s one of our favorites.
- Get your VPN’s DNS server IP from your VPN provider. Some providers, like ExpressVPN, provide users with a list of VPN-compatible devices and DNS settings for each, making it easy to find the devices (in this case, the Apple TV) you’re looking for.
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings > General > Apple TV Language (under the Language & Region section) and change your iTunes Store location to your VPN location. If you use ExpressVPN, select United States.
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings > Network > Wi-Fi and select your Wi-Fi connection (or wired connection if you’re connected via Ethernet). From here select Configure DNS and change it from Automatic to Manual.
- Once you’ve changed your DNS to manual, enter the DNS server IP provided by your VPN and select Done.
- Restart your Apple TV to apply the changes.
Final words: How to Use VPN on Apple TV
I hope you understand this article, How to Use VPN on Apple TV. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.