This tutorial is about How to Install a VPN on an Android TV Box. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog, How to Install a VPN on an Android TV Box. If your answer is yes, please do share after reading this.
Table of contents
Check How to Install a VPN on an Android TV Box
Downloading the Google Play Store app is the first step in setting up a VPN on your Android TV. VyprVPN for Android is a free program that can be downloaded on Android TV. By selecting Connect, you can create your login credentials. You can also transfer the APK from the VyprVPN website to an Android TV for a better connection.
How to install a VPN on an Android TV Box
To get your VPN working on your Android TV box, you just need to follow the steps below:
- Sign up for a VPN service. We suggest you try NordVPN, which you can find at https://nordvpn.com
- Now start on the home screen of your Android TV Box
- Go to the Google Play Store app
- Use the search bar in the play store to search for nordvpn
- Click on the NordVPN app to see all the details. You can also access the app page from this URL: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nordvpn.android&hl=en_GB
- Click the button that says Install
- You will be prompted to approve the permissions to be used by the IPVanish app. Click OK
- Wait a few seconds and the app will be installed on your Android TV box
- Now go back to the home screen of your Android
- Go to My apps
- Find the NordVPN app and click on it to launch it
- The app will ask for your username and password. Enter the username and password you chose when you signed up for NordVPN, then click Sign In. It’s helpful to check the Remember me box so you don’t have to re-enter your details each time you use the app.
- If this is your first time using the app, it will show you a tutorial. But don’t worry if you skipped the tutorial, you just need to return to the NordVPN home page and you can continue by following the instructions below.
- You will now see your status page. You can click the big green Connect button to connect to the VPN using the default settings
- Alternatively, if you want to connect to a server in a specific country, for example to watch BBC content in the iPlayer app, we’ll need to change some settings. Click the three horizontal lines at the top left of the app to bring up the menu options, then choose Server
- From here, you can click on any country name and a popup will appear asking if you want to connect. Click Connect and you will be connected to the VPN. In the case of viewing BBC iPlayer, we will choose to connect to a server located in London, United Kingdom.
- Once you click on a server, it will connect and return to the status screen. The button that was previously green and said Connect will now be red and says Disconnect. The graph at the bottom of the page will show you the activity across your connection
- With your VPN up and running, you can return to your Android TV home screen and use your box as usual, knowing that your security is guaranteed.
Final words: How to Install a VPN on an Android TV Box
I hope you understand this article, How to Install a VPN on an Android TV Box. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.