Hulu is a great platform, full of excellent original shows, movies, and awesome blockbusters. However, the major downside is that Hulu is only available in the United States.
While the world is hoping for the service to expand globally, we would have to get creative to watch its content in the meantime.
How to Create an Account From Outside the US?
Setting up a Hulu account from outside the United States is challenging. And the number one thing you need for that is a virtual private network (VPN).
VPNs are super helpful as they route your Internet connection to a server of your choice. Therefore, you appear to be in New York City, even if you’re actually in Rome, London, or Dubai.
We have a couple of recommendations when it comes to VPNs. First of all, while free VPNs have an attractive ring about them, they’re not the safest apps to download, and they’re usually slow and laggy. Second, we recommend a couple of premium tools, like ExpressVPN or CyberGhost, which work great with bypassing Hulu’s geographical restrictions.
Once your VPN is set up, you can go on Hulu and sign up for an account. You can choose between plain Hulu ($6.99 per month), Hulu with no ads ($12.99 per month), or the Disney bundles. Getting Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+ will cost you $13.99 per month, while the pack that features Hulu with no ads, Disney+ and ESPN+, costs $19.99 per month. Adding Live TV to your service bundle will cost you $69.99 per month with ads and $75.99 per month without them.
Once you choose your plan, you can start creating an account by inputting the email address, picking a password, and adding your birthday.
Then, you need to fill in your payment information and start your free trial. However, that’s where the problem comes in as you need to have a US card or PayPal account to pay.
How to Pay for Hulu Outside the US?
While watching Hulu from outside the US is relatively easy to do with the right VPN, paying for it if you don’t live in the US is another matter altogether.
Thankfully, you can do a few things to bypass these restrictions.
StatesPay is an excellent service that actually partners with a US bank. They may not give you a plastic card to go with your account, but you can get a virtual US-based Visa debit card that will work with Hulu.
However, you should know that the service comes with a card creation fee, and you will also have to pay a monthly fee for as long as your account stays open.
- Create a StatesPay account by going through the set-up process, where you’ll have to provide your email address, create a password, and fill in the required information.
- Generate a card you’ll use with your Hulu account.
- Load money to your card.
- Power up your VPN and connect to a US server.
- Go to Hulu and fill in your card information.
- Have fun watching your favorite shows and movies!
MyGiftCardSupply is a great way to generate a gift card for various platforms, from iTunes to Amazon, Hulu, of HBO. Thankfully, their list also features Hulu, so you’re good to go.
- Launch your VPN and make sure you’re connected to a US server.
- Visit MyGiftCardSupply > Shop > Hulu Cards.
- Pick the value you need to cover your Hulu subscription.
- Complete the process by paying with your regular credit card or PayPal.
- Once the whole process is complete, you’ll get the gift card code.
- Redeem it by going to Hulu’s gift card redemption page.
It’s also possible to sign up for Hulu with the help of iTunes US. Ideally, you’d get someone from the US to get this one for you due to terms and conditions regarding VPN usage.
- Use an online service to buy a US iTunes gift card. You can even get one from MYGiftsCardSupply.
- Power up your VPN and choose a US server and create a new iTunes account with the gift card.
- Get Hulu and enjoy the service via Apple TV or your iOS mobile device and choose to get billed via iTunes.
Luckily for us, prepaid cards are still accepted by Hulu, so you can definitely sign up for the service using one of these. You simply have to look for a place to get a prepaid Visa card, whether you do that at Target, directly from Visa, or another source. Our favorite is USA Visa since it’s more direct.
- Set up your VPN and pick a US server.
- Load USA Visa and generate a card, following the necessary steps to sign up and add funds to your brand new account.
- Use the card to open a Hulu account. Fill in the necessary data when asked.
- Have fun watching Hulu!
How to Watch Hulu Outside of the US?
Watching Hulu from outside of the United States is relatively easy, and you only need to have a good Virtual Private Network (VPN).
Using a VPN will make it appear as if you are in whatever city you want to be. Hulu works pretty well with VPNs, but it will block your access if your connection falters, so make sure to pick a trusty tool.
- First, you’re going to want to power up the VPN and choose a US-based server.
- Once the connection is established, you can go ahead and load Hulu in your browser or on your device.
- Sign in to your account with the credentials you used to set up the account with one of the abovementioned methods.
- Enjoy Hulu and all that it has to offer!
Hulu’s list of original features includes titles like The Dropout, Pam & Tommy, How I Met Your Father, and The Handmaid’s Tale.
Signing Up and Accessing Hulu from Outside the US
Setting up Hulu when you’re not in the United States is not the easiest thing to do, but it’s not impossible either. It’s easily understandable why anyone would go to all this trouble, given all the excellent content you can get with Hulu and the Disney bundle.
Whether you follow specific shows or just want something other than Netflix, Hulu is a fantastic option. Even the Live TV service is well put together and features loads of great channels. If you feel like shelling out all that money for live TV, you can definitely add that to your subscription too.
If you’re planning to cut the cord and ditch your cable provider, Hulu + Live TV is a fantastic service that offers almost all the content you’d need.
About The Author