Amazon Singapore launches new employee mental health support: Counselling sessions, work-life assistance, and more
The new and existing mental health support initiatives are available to all full-time employees – and their families – regardless of their role, level, or position.
To better support the workforce’s mental wellness, Amazon Singapore has, on 24 March 2022 (Thursday), launched a new mental health benefits package that provides its employees – and their families – with personalised, convenient, and confidential mental health and wellbeing support.
The new Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provides holistic mental wellbeing services such as life coaching, legal and financial support, and mindfulness resources, in addition to counselling sessions.
Henry Low, Country Manager, Amazon Singapore, shared: “Access to mental health care has become increasingly important as we all continue to navigate different everyday challenges”. He added that the organisation’s intent is “to remove barriers and unnecessary stigma around getting help”, and ensure its employees and their families feel safe and supported through the range of mental health services, as well as regular dialogue with employees about mental health.
In detail, Amazon Singapore’s new EAP includes the following for all full-time employees, and their families:
- Life coaching sessions with a certified wellness coach to help navigate life transitions, and maximise personal & professional growth.
- Access to webinars, personalised advise, and resources on topics including career development, travel & leisure, parenting, healthy living, consumer tips, personal growth, and coping following a natural disaster.
- Interactive self-care programmes, including computerised cognitive behaviour therapy, mindfulness resources, and courses that guide individuals through self-paced, evidence-based treatment for anxiety, stress, depression, substance use, sleep troubles, and more.
- Free one-on-one counselling sessions for employees and their families, with access to three sessions per person, per topic with the option to be in-person, via phone, video, or text.
- Crisis and suicide-prevention support and access to a licensed mental health clinician any time of day or night.
- Work-life assistance for everyday needs, including help with referrals for child and elder care, movers, and other personal services.
“All Amazon permanent employees receive the same core benefits, regardless of their role, level, or position – from the company’s executives to front-line employees in fulfilment centres preparing orders for customers,” the organisation reiterated.
Image / 123RF