Good morning, Westhampton-Hampton Bays neighbors and friends! As the weather becomes almost balmy compared to the recent cold and snow, let’s take a look at our top stories. We want to hear what you think about what’s in the news. If you have comments or if there’s a story you’d like to see covered, don’t hesitate to email me at Lisa.Finn@patch.com. This is a place for your voice to be heard, and we want every voice represented.
Enjoy the warmer weather today! Until tomorrow. . .
First, today’s weather:
Increasingly windy. High: 53 Low: 48.
Here are the top stories today in Westhampton-Hampton Bays
- 2 Westhampton Beach Educators Named ‘Master Teachers’ By NY State (Westhampton-Hampton Bays Patch) Two Westhampton Beach educators received the prestigious designation recently.
- Hampton Bays Superintendent Says Current Projections Place Budget Under The Tax Cap: The budget is expected to remain under New York’s 2 percent tax cap, 27east reports (27east.com)
- East Quogue’s Lewis Road Golf Resort Returns To Town Planners For Final Review (27east.com) The next chapter in the parcel’s long history unfolds.
- Hurricanes Ehlers, Haynia And Hayes All Qualify For Indoor Track State Meet: Westhampton Beach students are making their hometowns proud. (27east.com)
- Amazon is part of final push for Hamptons industrial hub: Amazon is expected to open a warehouse at the Hampton Business District in Westhampton Beach, Newsday reports. (Newsday)
Today’s Westhampton-Hampton Bays Daily is brought to you in part by Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS #3013)
Today in Westhampton-Hampton Bays:
- ES-Monthly Parent Training Workshops (Talleres Mensuales de Capacitacion para Padres) (6:30 PM)
From my notebook:
- Westhampton Beach Womens Lax: “2020 throw back before everything went crazy. 26 days until our first full season since 2019. Come join us tonight for open field 530 on the turf. All players trying out for JV or Varsity are welcome to come on down.” (Instagram)
- Westhampton Beach School District: “To celebrate the 2022 Winter Olympics, Westhampton Beach Elementary School students have been participating in Olympic-themed sporting events in their physical education classes.” (Facebook)
- Hampton Bays Public Schools: “In celebration of Valentine’s Day, Hampton Bays High School Leo Club members spread love in a little different way than most — they cooked up some soup, assembled sandwiches, and gathered toiletries and coats to deliver.” (Facebook)
- Hampton Bays Public Schools: “The HB Schools is seriously committed to lifelong learning. Beginning in March, adults wanting to enter into or level up in the hospitality industry can refine their skills and develop their passion.” (Facebook)
- Westhampton Free Library: “Join us each month in order to create simple sensory crafts to relax with! For the month of February, we will be creating colorful DIY lanterns out of soda bottles! Space is limited, so register today!” (Facebook)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Shinnecock – Gardeners: “Hi all, anyone know of anywhere available to rent that allows dogs? – I need to be out of my place by May but can move into a new place before then if necessary. Prefer Hampton bays but open to towns around as well. Thanks ahead!” (Nextdoor)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Newtown/Canal: “Hi! I’m helping home 2 cats. Someone’s mother died and they’re unable to keep the cats themself. They’re a bonded pair. They’re 7 or 8 years old Sisters spayed and UTD gray and white with short hair they’ve never been outside.” (Nextdoor)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Shinnecock Hills: “Can anyone recommend an honest and excellent roofer? – Thank you.” (Nextdoor)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Loving the Westhampton-Hampton Bays Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You’re all caught up for today! I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow with a new update.
— Lisa Finn
About me: I’m a journalist whose passion is telling the stories of people’s lives. This is your site — this is a place for your voice to be heard. I can’t wait to hear from you all.